Your privacy is critically important to us. We have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
About us Advice (we, us, our, Advice) is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information.
If you have questions regarding this policy or our handling of your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Collection of information
- your name,
- company/organisation name;
- email address;
- phone number;
- address; and
- any information contained within your calendar(s).
You are not required to provide any of this information, but if you do not, we may not be able to provide you the requested services.
How is your personal information used?
We will use the personal information you provide to us to:
- provide information about your calendar to third party service providers with whom you already have a pre-existing relationship and have given your consent for them to process your personal information;
- provide you with our services which you have signed up for;
- provide you with personalised visits to our Platform;
- better understand how you interact with and use our Platform;
- develop our offering and the layout of our Platform to ensure that our services are as useful and enjoyable as possible;
- contact you; send out email alerts you may have signed up for;
- recommend goods, services or promotions which may be of interest to you (but only where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes); and
- share your personal information with our partners (detailed below).
- With whom is your personal information shared?
- We will disclose your personal information only to third party service providers whom you already have an existing relationship with as set out above.
We may disclose depersonalised data (such as aggregated statistics) about the users of our Platform in order to describe our sales, customers, traffic patterns and other Platform information to prospective partners, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
We may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal information, for example in the administration of justice or where we have to defend ourselves legally. We may also need to disclose personal information in the event of a reorganisation, sale or takeover.
The requirements of data protection law
- we will only collect sufficient personal information for the uses set out above;
- we will endeavour to keep your personal information up-to-date;
- we will not retain your personal information longer than necessary unless required to do so by law;
- we may transfer your personal information to the United States of America but only where we have Model Contract Clauses in place to protect your personal information to the standards that apply within Europe.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems with limited access that are located in facilities to which access is limited. It is your responsibility to ensure the security of your password and not to reveal this information to others.
Reviewing your personal information
In some cases, you can review and correct personal information provided through our Platform by going to the page on which you provided the information. In all cases, you can make a subject access request to review your personal information collected via our Platform or ask us to stop using it by sending us an email at email@example.com. We may take steps to verify your identity before providing you access to your personal information and may request a small administrative fee. You can help us to maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any change.
You can ask us to erase your personal information:
- if you think it's no longer necessary for us to hold your information;
- if you don't think we have any legitimate grounds for processing it;
- if you think we're using your personal information unlawfully; or
- if you think we should delete your personal information because the law requires us to do so.
Cookies are small files that websites save to your hard disk or to your browser's memory. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your computer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the features of our Platform or other websites that you visit. To learn more about cookies and how to disable them we recommend you visit the Information Commissioner's website here. Furthermore, whilst we do not use third party marketing cookies, you can learn more about these and how to delete them here.
The cookies we use, which includes analytics cookies, are used solely in relation to our service and so as to better understand how you interact with the Platform. By using our Platform you consent to us using cookies.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, email address. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Company may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
To improve customer service - Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
To personalize user experience - We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
To send periodic emails - We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.